Please, pass the…
New York Style Cheesecake
Lucky for us, there is a video to go along with this recipe! It was very helpful!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4-8oz. packages full fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 5 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sour Cream Topping:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 inch spring form pan with butter.
- Melt the butter for crust then mix with sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press into bottom of spring form pan and up the sides about an inch.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in your refrigerator.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and flour on MEDIUM speed for about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of your bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs one at a time while mixing on LOW speed, making sure each egg is incorporated.
- Add cream, lemon zest and vanilla. Continue mixing on LOW speed until combined.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Place in your oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake for 90 minutes.
- Take cheesecake out of the oven. (The center should jiggle a bit) Do not turn off the oven!
- Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Spread topping gently on to the top of your cheesecake.
- Return cheesecake to the oven and bake for 15 more minutes at 250 degrees.
- Turn oven off, open the door and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 30 minutes. This will slow down the cooling process of the cheesecake helping to keep it’s consistency and prevent cracking.
- Take your cheesecake out and run a knife around the edges.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely to room temperature in a place without drafts.
- Refrigerate cheesecake for 8 hours before consuming!
It is at this point that we like to add some fruit to the top of our cheesecake… It is great with or without!