Pass the bowl of… a family “Go-To” Dish
If you have any white rice laying around…(my dad is hispanic so we ALWAYS have white rice) This is a great way to make a yummy snack/ meal in less than 10 minutes. My grandmother used to make this for my dad when he was a child and it is still a favorite of his to this day. If I make one for myself… I HAVE to make one for my dad.
Just for some background on the type of rice we use…
We use a regular white rice (not ready rice) and make it with a little oil, water, salt and one whole green onion. We remove the onion once the rice is done.
For one serving, all you will need is:
- 1/4 cup of cooked white rice.
- one egg
- a pinch of salt
- oil (we use corn oil for this)
The directions are as simple as this…
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of oil into a frying pan and heat up the oil on medium heat.
- Scramble the egg with the rice and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread it out into an even circle.
- Cover and fry on medium heat until the sides and the bottom are golden brown.
- Repeat process on the other side.
AND THAT’S IT!
If you’re skeptical… try it at least once… no harm done. I can just about promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how good this really is.
You can also choose to add other ingredients such as hash, ham, sausage, peppers, cheese, etc… you can add just about any ingredient you want. We like it plain. Just as it is. :) Enjoy.